Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Week in Katie's Life: Thursday

NO SCHOOL!!!

YAY!

:)

Today is a national holiday in Timor-Leste. It's actually a catholic holiday, Corpus Christi or something like that, and catholic holidays are national holidays here. We don't celebrate catholic holidays, but Paulo does have work off on them, so they make great excuses to take a break and have some fun. 

It's a good thing we had today off because yesterday's party was Latino style and went quite late. I think it must have been close to ten in the morning by the time everyone had eaten breakfast and we had finished family worship. 

After worship I went back to my apartment to write a couple emails and do some research. When I was done, I took a peek outside, and Paulo and Miguel were playing in the pool with Miguel's new inflatable raft (got it for his bday). I just had to join them! We splashed around for a while, and I did some laps too.

When we were done in the pool I talked to my family a while, and then watched part of one of Miguel's new DVDs. He received several Christian DVDs for his birthday, and the one we watched today was Acts. I have it at home too. The movie script comes from the Bible, word for word. Miguel enjoyed it. :)

Next came a seriously needed nap.
Except, I'm not very good at napping. So, it was more like an attempt at a nap.

By the time I was bored of trying to nap, it was time to head off to a going away party that some of my friends threw for me.

Almost every single dish at supper was gluten free and vegan! Anita even found gf bread for me! I was quite amazed. :)
We had a very nice time talking about the past, the future, Timor, home, and just laughing together. Praise the Lord for good friends. Some of these people are the homeschool moms that I normally meet with on Mondays and their families, others have been my brave exercise companions at Christo Rei at 5:30 in the morning (I used to walk the stairs there every morning but haven't this week cause I've been too busy. Going to start again next week though). Each of these people has played a part in supporting me while I've been here. I am so thankful to God for them! :)

The walkers!






Homeschool moms!


It was a lovely evening with lovely friends who I will miss very much and remember always.

I finished the night with a very fitting drive home. The sky was clear, the stars were bright (especially the Southern Cross...going to miss that one), there was a cool sea breeze, and I got to have the Comoro Bridge II all to myself as I drove over it for the very first time.

The Comoro Bridge II has been in construction, I think since about the time that I first came here in August. It was opened today, and I drove over it for the first time on my way home from my goodbye party. I don't know why, but it just seemed like a very fitting way to end today.


Blessings to you all!
Thanks for reading!

:)

P.S. Sorry that there are fewer pictures today. There wasn't very much action... Thankfully! lol


1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha you never were a good napper! I am glad you had a good time at the party. That was neat that you got to travel over the new bridge. Sweet dreams :)

    ReplyDelete