Friday, April 26, 2013


A while back a good friend of mine posted a prayer in the form of a poetic list of things that He wanted the Lord to teach Him. His list made me think about what I'd want the Lord to teach me, and I adjusted his to make my own. This prayer is a written form of my list. 

Dear Lord, 

Teach me to pray trustingly and act accordingly
In all my interactions make me love selflessly, speak kindly, and share Your joy and truth indiscriminately.
Especially help me in my relationship with You.
Teach me to study deeply and memorize scripture consistently
to surrender continually and abide unceasingly. 
Renew my mind to think clearly, engage fully, and focus singly.
Daily help me to use my time wisely and work whole-heartedly in what You've called me to do.
Give me contagious enthusiasm, especially for spiritual things.
When I don't see Your plan, remind me to rest confidently and wait patiently.
In all things, may I give thanks daily and sacrifice cheerfully.

Review with me what You've taught me in the past so that I won't forget it;
show me how to apply it now.
Guide me to prepare for the future,
and give me the strength I need to fight to the death (of self) today.

I ask in Jesus name,
Amen

“And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” Matthew 21:22


No comments:

Post a Comment